Social Media - Internship
CANYON ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
Social Media Internship: Help us grow, grow, grow in one of these platforms across one of our six brands:
- SnapChat (Augmented Reality)
REMOTE POSITION / Greater Toronto Area and Mississauga
Unique Opportunity to Learn New Skills and Gain Experience – Social Media - Internship
We are seeking interns for 10 to 20 hours per week for this social media internship. This is a 3 to 6 month internship for those attending College or University. It is also applicable for those seeking internship credit for College or University. We will take your core skills and experience and build some amazing results, together!
Want more strength in your resume? We will give you exposure to a ton of opportunities on one of our great brands! This internship opportunity will increase your marketability in today’s competitive job market … and help you make a career transition – or land your first full-time job!
Are you interested in social media, writing and communication, marketing, and learning how to promote artists and other brands, all while keeping everything organized through the discipline of project management!? If so, please apply!
Are you interested in turning our vision into reality? All of these brands are well-formed and need a social media go-getter to 'make them happen'.
Do you like to jump in and 'get the job done'? Tasks include marketing and promoting the brands in unique and memorable ways to grow followers, conducting market research to understand best practices, writing copy, choosing hashtags and who to tag @, overall social media coordination across all platforms with other team members, and more.
If so, please apply! The work can be done remotely.
TRAINING INTERNSHIP in Social Media
General Purpose: Preparation of materials and completion of specific projects, while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The intern will learn best practices in social media, marketing and communications from experienced staff.
Responsibilities and tasks may include:
- Content creation (graphics & copy; videos; photos) for use in promotion
- Growing followers
- Community engagement
- Learn & implement social media paid advertising
- Creating social media content for 'Throwback promotions'
- Identifying and implementing unique promotions and ways to grow engagement and followers
- Supporting SEO for blogs and press releases by integrating and optimizing them through social media
- Responsible for providing materials on social media that promote the brand and build credibility, followers and engagement
- Outreach to prospective partners, influencers, collaborators, etc.
- Understanding all relevant guidelines and industry requirements
- Creating and implementing a communication calendar
- Planning holiday or other themed activities
- Working with other team members, organizing deliverables and coordinating the implementation
- Writing and editing, and sending out communications
- Maintaining project tracking sheets, results reporting, analytics, etc.
- Review Google analytics to identify traffic-enhancing activities
- Implement re-targeting and pixels
- Keeping all constituents informed and up-to-date on all activities
- Conduct research and/or review materials to understand various tools, systems and processes
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures based on current and new methodologies
- Database updates
- Conduct pre- and post evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify opportunities and generate interest
- Identify and incorporate trends
Once your application is received and reviewed, we will be in contact with you and you may start immediately! Overall, you would get lots of experience in social media. The sky's the limit -- let us know what you would like to learn -- it ALL needs to get done!
Candidate should possess:
- Currently enrolled in College or University in the fields of communications, marketing, social media, digital marketing, English or related fields
- Prior social media implementation experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, basic database knowledge
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Writing, proofreading and editing
- Graphic design
- This internship training is for the benefit of you personally, to develop your skills, resume, etc.
- This is an internship which can be utilized to support the individual obtaining a university/college credit
This is an internship which is funded by the Canadian government for 3 to 6 months for a maximum of 240 hours. Therefore, please REVIEW THE FOLLOWING to determine if you meet the following criteria for this government grant.
What is the eligibility criteria for students? To be eligible, you must fit ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
1. Registered as a student in a Canadian postsecondary institution, with no age limit; and
2. Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
3. Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations; and,
4. NOT an international student on a work permit, co-op permit, or student visa.
*Please note that students on temporary work permits, and international students are NOT ELIGIBLE for the Level UP program. Eligibility criteria is set as part of the funding agreement with the Government of Canada.
If you don't meet the above criteria, we cannot consider your application.
Job Type: Internship
COVID-19 considerations: The majority is remote work. When in-person, it is at your option, and COVID guidelines are in place.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 3-6 months
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Salary: $17.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Position can be done from home.
- What is the name of the current College or University that you attend; and when is your anticipated graduation date?
- Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident?
Work Location: Remote