Summit Brooke Construction is a general contractor located in Western Canada, and we are looking for a Multi-family Site Foreman. This position is in our Victoria office, starting immediately.
The purpose of this position is to support the site superintendent with the construction and completion of our projects on time and on budget. You will supervise trades on site and insure their compliance with plans, specs and safety requirements. The Site Foreman’s duty is to achieve maximum production in the most efficient manner.
· Accountability– Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of his or her work.
· Communication– Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
· Consistency– Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
· Teamwork– Builds good relationships and rapport with suppliers, trades, inspectors, and peers throughout the project team.
· Technical Ability – Strong knowledge and experience in construction.
· Provide leadership and establish/develop professional relationships with on-site staff
· Develop a thorough understanding of each subcontract, drawings and specifications
· Identify and assist with resolving all constructability issues, design deficiencies, code violations and any other issues
· Assist the site superintendent with developing, refining and updating the project schedules. Ensuring milestones are identified and tracked
· Communicate schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors
· Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds Summit Brooke’s OH&S standards. We are a COR accredited company.
· Maintain a clean and organized job site
· Review the subcontractor's daily progress of work completed and deliver daily reports to the site superintendent
· Responsible for quality control and completion of punch lists
· Coordinating all on site logistic including work areas, lay down areas, trade mobilizations, material storage/handling, and deliveries
· Minimum 5+ years ground up experience as a site or trade foreman on multi-family projects
· High school diploma required, construction management or commensurate experience considered a Trade Qualification(s) an asset
· Valid BC Drivers license (min class 5)
· Analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and be effective at building collaborative relationships
· Ability to work with municipal representatives for inspections, servicing and construction related activities
· Ability to engage professionally with clients, subcontractors and skilled trades
· Strong knowledge in means and methods of construction, reading plans, planning and scheduling concepts
· Computer skills are considered an asset. Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong knowledge base of building components including but not limited to foundation and structural systems, building envelope systems, interior finishes, mechanical and electrical systems
We take pride in the diverse mix of personalities that make Summit Brooke the quality organization it is today. We make it a priority to foster a positive work environment by recognizing the efforts of our staff, and promoting a balanced work/family lifestyle. It has been our experience, that our staff members reflect our service-oriented culture. Because we aim to be the best, we only hire the best.
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing your resume and salary expectations via this posting.
Please note: only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Reference ID: Victoria – Site Forman
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- construction: 10 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location