Are you an energetic and self-driven experienced carpenter who takes pride in your hands-on work?
Are you looking to work on a variety of projects, including residential and commercial renovations and new construction?
WHO WE ARE
Since our inception in 2000, Kenon Builders Inc. has steadily grown from a two to three employee operation, completing projects consecutively, to a company with over 20 full-time employees. Kenon builders inc. Simultaneously managing multiple large building projects, as well as in-house engineering/project design and permitting requirements, and in-house heavy equipment and electrical operations for our own building projects in addition to stand-alone earthworks, electrical and plumbing projects. We specialize in general contracting, electrical and plumbing installations and systems, construction management, and design /build services for both private and capital commercial and electrical construction.
Permanent – Full Time
Typical Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5 pm, Saturday when required.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Read and interpret structural and architectural blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine layout
- Construct and erect building framework; including foundation, wall and roof systems, exterior and interior finishes, and fixtures
- Consult and coordinate with suppliers, vendors and in-house trades to ensure project is completed efficiently and on schedule
- Manage day to day onsite operations and safety
- Direct and supervise carpentry and labor personnel to ensure compliance to project blueprints and applicable building code requirements.
- Safely complete physically demanding tasks while working in all weather conditions
- Provide mentorship to entry-level team members with a focus on safety, accuracy and quality craftsmanship
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 10 years of combined residential and commercial carpentry experience
- Carpenter Journeyperson Trade Certification, considered an asset
- Positive attitude with determination to accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Valid G Class Drivers license with a clean drivers abstract, required
- Possess own hand tools
Starting wage of $32.00 per hour with overtime after 44 hours
Benefit package may be discussed with the successful candidate upon achieving 6 month commitment
If you are looking to join a diverse team that collaboratively works with in-house trades to accomplish project goals, please contact us today and let us know why you would be a great fit for our team. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $32.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
DAILY COVID SCREENING, COMPLIANCE WITH PROVINCIAL COVID REGULATIONS
Work Location: In person