Finlandia Village is dedicated to serving mature adults by providing affordable, high quality, comfortable, and secure living accommodations, along with opportunities for social, spiritual, cultural and recreational interaction within an independent, caring community.
Registered Practical Nurses will be awarded with a $500.00 signing bonus and a $3.50 per hour incentive.
Reporting to the Director of Care or designate, the Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for demonstrating competency by using acquired knowledge and skills to make appropriate clinical decisions in the provision of care to residents. The Registered Practical Nurse also provides supervision and job guidance to the Personal Support Workers.
Some Key Responsibilities
· Ensures the provision of quality nursing care through in-service education, supervision and adherence to the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)/Risk Management Program.
· Effectively acts as a clinical resource.
· Develops and implements present care plans that include a limited range of interventions. (i.e. established procedures)
· Ensures that resident care plans and documentation reflect care being provided, and care plans are individualized.
· Communicates with the resident to confirm validity of statements and assessed resident needs, with the Registered Nurse, and relevant others. Is receptive to concerns expressed by residents and relevant others and passes on information appropriately.
· Systematically and accurately collects and documents information regarding the individual resident’s physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs.
· Contributes to the individual care plan for each resident and communicates to the health care team.
· Safely and effectively performs the strategies and interventions directed by the care plan.
· Assists with the goal of obtaining or maintaining the optimal level of functioning for each resident.
· Systematically evaluates the effectiveness of individual resident care. Contributes to care plan updates for each resident.
· Successful completion of a Post-Secondary Nursing Program
· Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario; or
· Student working towards completing their diploma or degree
· CPR Certificate
· Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) is considered an asset
· Conflict management skills training is considered an asset
· PIECES training is considered an asset
· Finnish language skills is considered an asset
· An acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check verified within the past six months
· 2-step TB test within the past six months
· Minimum 2 doses of Covid-19 vaccinations
If you would like to join a well-respected organization that has built a tradition of developing mutually rewarding relationships with our residents, employees, and the community we serve, please submit your resume.
Finlandia Village is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all persons regardless of disabilities, ethnicity, background or status. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please advise at the time of contact if accommodations are required for your interview.
To keep our staff and residents safe we will continue to screen all staff, residents, volunteers, students, contractors and visitors. Provide PPE, clean and disinfect surfaces and follow infection control practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.60-$31.05 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Retention bonus
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location